I’ve worked closely with GETAWAY San Diego since January 2012 in the following capacity:
- Editor-in-Chief (since August 2014) of the quarterly, interactive magazine placed in more than 14,000 San Diego hotel rooms.
- Manage and lead a team of contributing writers, and work closely with multiple public relations companies in the area to provide quality content on where to eat, shop, and play in San Diego.
- Collaborate directly with the magazine designer on design and brand consistency.
- Content writer and listings creator for the online listings of hotels, restaurants, activities and attractions at www.planmygetaway.com for San Diego.
- Successfully led the company through a transition in ownership between October 2015 and November 2016. Maintained editorial integrity, brand consistency, and client relationships while improving the quality of the product.
- Managed the Facebook page between January and October 2016, which has seen significant growth in both organic reach and engagement. In a very short time, the page went from a reach of 300 a week to more than 7000 a week on a consistent basis.
- Assistant Editor of the magazine and contributing blog writer and magazine writer between January 2012 and August 2014, when I took over as Editor-in-chief.
- Created, implemented, and managed a lead generation and client retention process, which included the creation of a Client Relations Manager role. Since then, GSD has maintained a 40-45% overall retention rate (leadership changeover caused some issues); 30% past client recapture rate; 20% increase in hotel magazine distribution (making the magazine the leading in-room magazine in San Diego County by consistently being in more than 53% of hotel rooms from quarter to quarter); and improved brand image, product, and relationships with clients, leads, and collaborators.
- From 2012 to 2015, maintained the blog as a Blog Administrator creating posts from content provided by my team of writers (including myself) and added links, videos, photos, and SEO.
I have worked with Dawn-Renée for almost a year now [since January 2016]. She has a high standard of professionalism in everything that she does. Dawn-Renée is an excellent, experienced Editor-in-Chief who successfully leads a remote team consisting of contributing writers and the magazine’s designer. Her planning and organizational abilities are second to none and highly valuable within this type of position.
She has not only acted within her editorial role for Getaway San Diego, but also consults on design, layouts and imagery while ensuring we always adhere to our brand guidelines. I feel her input into this has taken the product to another level and certainly the feedback has been this from customers.
She has also managed our Facebook page since January 2016, which has seen significant growth in both organic reach and engagement. In a very short time, we went from a reach of 300 a week to more than 7000 a week on a consistent basis.
I find working with Dawn-Renée a true pleasure as she is very personable, a great listener and always willing to offer advice, solutions and ideas that contribute to the success of my business. Her commitment to Getaway San Diego has been exemplary.
I highly recommend Dawn-Renée to anyone looking for the services that she offers.
Getaway San Diego
Sharon Wright, Publisher
San Diego, CA